Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Saturday, November 30, 2013

If You Build It They Will Come Plus Bonus Day Ride

Light wind, loads of sunshine and mild for this time of year temps offered up a bonus outdoor riding day today!  Hooray!   Today's high temp was 43 F but with those conditions it seemed much nicer.  Just for the heck of it I looked up last years riding log and noted that I had 9 outdoor rides last November and 6 in December of 2012.   I checked the 2011 log and had 11 outdoor November rides, 4 in December and 13 in January and February combined, however 2011 was one for the record books because we had mild weather right through the whole winter, so much so the lake didn't even freeze over and there was virtually no snow.

Once again I marvel at how  a bike ride outdoors, for more than twice the time of an indoor ride, can feel like it's so short.  There is utterly no comparison between indoor and outdoor riding.  It was a short ride to check out the wholly completed Phase II of the Barker Road Path project. Nice to see that the orange barrels were gone and even at only 65' long the bridge over Horseshoe Creek made me giggle anyway.  Bridges, elevated boardwalks and really any non straight or unconventional building material makes a pathway fun and interesting.  It's a good illustration of how riding a bike outdoors is a tactile experience.

Gravel or dirt roads have their own feel and sound, concrete pavement feels and sounds different than asphalt and wooden sections each have their own unique and rhythmic clackty-clack noise accompanied by those sensations impressing your ears, your hands and your bottom-side.   Wind and sunshine make a big impression not only on your face, hair and skin but also on your psyche as does the aforementioned surfaces.

Another photo in the spirit of build-it-and-they-will-come variety inserted below shows another person enjoying the sunshine and nice new paved path today along with some photos that don't include orange barrels!

I guess you can say the photos reflect the pride in the project that puts a smile on my face.





4 comments:

  1. Hey,
    My name is Nate. I am a partner at SIX Nutrition. We are expanding into the women's cycling market especially Mountain Biking and would love feedback on our sports and recovery drink.

    I'd like to offer free 1 month samples of our sports drink, HYDRA, if you'd like to test and review.

    Contact me at nate@sixnutrition.com or on any of our social media. We'd love to work together!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Bike Accessories Online : To make each ride exuberant Corebikerz is here with a niche focus on delivering Custom Bike parts at your doorstep. Customers satisfaction as prime, Customer loyalty as priceless being our motto, the team always strives to reach out our customers with the best quality equipment at the most competitive prices based on rigorous market research. CorebikerZ is among India’s few companies serving online for Automobile sector and 1st company operating in the specified segment of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. During my time I was diagnosed of Herpes and HIV/Aids I was advised not to speak to certain people about my Health “orthodox side” because they’re all lying shills and sociopaths or not take seriously scientific information on HIV because according to the denialists it’s all propaganda from the “AIDS establishment”. I decided to do some search, Rethinking AIDS and Herpes denialism in general, it caused a wave of attacks against Herbal Medicine and medicated drugs, anger, disbelief and insults with some members even alluding to the fact that I was the leader of Rethinking AIDS at the time. Of course I wasn’t and I always reminded them that I was and independent even if I was positive of those diseases. I come across a search on how Dr Itua cure people suffering from, Herpes, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis, Cancer, Epilepsy,Copd,Parkinson,Ledder Diseases, then I decided to give a try although i have had a lot of stories about Nigeria scam so I was scared of it at first then I had a second thought telling me to give a try so i finally order for it and it was sent to me through courier service and I take it for two weeks and I was healed, I still find it difficult today to be real I'm living for a year now without outbreak or taking ARV Drugs, I'm supporting Dr Itua Herbal Center and also promoting his herbal medicine online for people suffering from any kind of disease to contact him on Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number On...+2348149277967. At this point of view regarding HIV/AIDS, HERPES, GENITALS, WART, COLD SORE. You can say I was very involved with the movement; I spoke on radio shows about Dr Itua, filmed my own YouTube videos, wrote my own articles about Dr Itua and attempted to inform every person I could about this information. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting, You’re a highly trained writer. I’ve joined with your feed and furthermore , count on witnessing the very good write-ups. Additionally, I’ve shared your websites with our social networks.

    Ophthalmic Equipment Manufacturers in China

    ReplyDelete