Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30, 2011














10.54 mile ride with my nephew and Godson Andrew, the guy is a little trooper, he made the full loop around Kensington and wanted more so we went home and did the loop around Independance Lake. He tuckered out his auntie! Beautiful day and a nice ride on my NEW BIKE!


I thought my old bike was a sweet ride and is considered a "comfort bike." This new ride is a dream bike and a dream ride. They have come such a long way with bikes, the front suspension and the seat post suspension make this feel so very smooth, the shifting is like silk, the geometry of the bike is so friendly to my body and my spine. The components are great and makes pedaling seem effortless.


Not only is this the ultimate in comfort but it has a sporty and more aggressive feel to it. I made it up hills that I had previously walked up. I'm loving this bike - it's like nothing I could have imagined. I always thought I rode in an upright position but now I know what truly upright feels like and this is IT! The grips are ergonomic and have a place to rest the pad of your hand. I can see many many happy miles together. Once I get fenders and a rack on the back I'll post up proper photos of my new Specalized Expedition Sport.


Love the new wireless computer too.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new bike! What a great maiden ride too, it looks like you all had a great time.

    I like my Specialized very much, looking forward to reading some more about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do love it so much because it's such a joy to ride. I knew you also had a Specalized and you said how much you liked the bike and the features on it, I believe they make good bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danial, are you affiliated with the sixthreezero beach cruiser bikes? If so I sent you an email. Glad you enjoyed the post. Those beach cruiser bikes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple twist of the wrist and you can move between the first, second and thrd gears with ease and the chain doesn't move at all Affordable Cruiser Bicycle.
    cruiser Bicycle

    ReplyDelete