Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday April 10, 2011





Ahhhhh! Michigan springtime. Yesterday I had a nice ride 7.52 miles, what a difference the trainer over the winter has made. Had I not been training my first ride probably would have been 3 miles or thereabouts. Had some stiffness in my knees, mostly due to having had my trainer tire off for the last few weeks and it was far too cold to ride outside, in that short period I lost a little flexibility. This reinforces the need for daily exercise and just how impactful that exercise is in alleviating the stiffness in my joints from arthritis.


Imagine, all this fun really does have a healthy side to it! Today I had a shorter ride as family is due over in a little bit, gorgeous day out and got in a 4.46 mile ride. Blooms are showing some signs of life this spring and a pleasant ride down a dirt road took be to a little park in Wildwood Lake.


Our weather swings are pretty wild. Yesterday I had on a tee and a long sleeve tee, a thermo fill vest and a chilly nose and toes. Today a short sleeve tee and shorts. Late this morning on the radio it was 37 degrees F in the Upper Penninsula and 76 degrees F in Holt. In Michigan you can sure have it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment