Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lakes Community Trail

In an effort to ride all of the trails in the south east quadrant of Michigan I found a new-to-me trail that looked short but close to a longer trail in the Commerce Township area of Michigan.  Another area that is abounding with lakes in every direction, if new comers are wondering why roads twist and turn and you can hardly find a stretch that goes straight for more than a few miles it's because they have to wander through the myriad of lakes that make up all of south eastern Michigan.  It's more like living on a bog than land.   The trail was a disappointment because it was so short and I was not able to find a satisfactory route to connect me to the West Bloomfield Trail that was in the general vicinity.  The trail is older but well maintained, except for the signage.  I couldn't find a readable sign as they were all faded beyond readability.

I'm certain that the trail is great for local residents because it does link various parks that are filled with baseball diamonds.  It was really quite noticeable how many ball fields are located in such a small area. I was not aware that the area was so noted for little league players.  The trail also connects many different subdivisions to one another and though the area is quite congested with traffic, homes and businesses the trail winds through heavily wooded areas and when you're riding it, it gives the feel of being in the wilderness.  Scouting afterwards in my vehicle I found that I could have turned a different way on the tail and extended my ride by a few miles to Dodge Park, but I don't imagine returning to do that a different day.

In summation, the trail is great for locals but not worth the drive unless you live close enough to bike to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment