Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011

Intervals - wow greatest workout invention since sliced bread...well that's not a good analogy but it gets the point across. It sure varies up the routine to keep a person's interest level up a notch or two from the sameness of a steady cadence of round and round. Persistence has been shakey in the last two weeks but a hit and miss workout is much better than no workout and the most important thing is that after a few days of absence I find myself hopping back in the saddle.

Sadly work also gets in the way of a steady routine...gotta pay the bills!

In fact work has been so busy that I've not had my lunch date with Joe the Awesome bike rider as both my friend and I have had schedules that have clashed. Shooting for next week.

As fast as the snow piled up it's nearly gone, birdies are tweeting in the mornings and the days are getting longer. It won't be long till outdoor riding.

Actually I took a peep outside with my bike today and cruised one time around the complex, it was a might bit too chilly with shorts and with the trainer tire on the rear wheel of the bike it made for one short trip. Trainer tires are not meant for pavement or outdoors and I didn't want to blow it out, but man it felt good to have wind in my face. I'm getting ansy for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment