Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Friday, November 4, 2011

Still Riding!

It's November 4th and I am still riding, what a great thing to be thankful for.  I am practicing using the month of November to be 30 days of thanksgiving and find something to be thankful for each day.  What a mood booster!

I have not posted on bike rides in a very long time, nor have I been tracking my weekly mileage here in several weeks so this post is going to be filled with stats.  The last week of posting mileage was week #27 that ended on 10/7/11. 

Week #28 53.5
Week #29 11.48 (rained nearly all week)
Week #30 32.49
Week #31 42.81 (this week ended today)

Week #28 had the Tour de Livingston in it.  I finished the month of October with 151.47 miles for the month which was considerabley less than the summer months where I was riding 180 to 220 miles a week.  Considering the weather in the fall can be wet and very windy, I'm not complaining and also grateful that I am still able to get out.  Last year my last day of riding was November 13th.  I am not a cold weather or winter rider.  So glancing at the calendar it looks like I may have another week of riding if all goes well.  If I get any days past this next week I will consider myself very lucky. 

There are days when it has been brisk and I had to really motivate myself to get out, however those have been some of the greatest rides because of how invigorating they are.  Afterward I am so happy that I went that it makes it far easier to get out the next time the temps are less than ideal.  The deep blue skies of October are enough to warm your heart even if the temps chill your hands and cheeks.  Add in the woodland smells this time of year and it makes for one of the best times of all the year to ride in. 

Autumn is glorious in Michigan and I am lucky to be well and out in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment