Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Look Ahead To Next Year's Riding Goals

Well, I've given up saying this is the last outdoor ride, because every time the temps turn seasonal for a few days we end up getting another bout of mild weather.  The last warm temps came with a lot of rain so riding was out earlier this week when the temps climbed up to the 60's.  But I count myself lucky to be out riding even today in the mid 30's.

Of course this time of year we look at recapping the current year and then of course that leads to thinking about the new year coming.  With that in mind I made up a list of things so far that I want to do next year and it incorporates adventure, variety, new ventures and challenges me mentally as well as physically.

GOALS FOR NEXT YEAR BIKE RIDING
This compilation is going to look at bike riding as a part of life and not only stats and goals, mileage, time, speed etc.  It’s meant to look at bicycling as a way of life as well as a means of working towards fitness, that doesn’t mean I won’t incorporate normal biking goals though. 
·         Ride 5 new trails or paths
·         Do at least 2 urban rides in a city
·         Take my bike on at least one vacation
·         Rent a bike on one vacation in a style different than what I normally ride
·         Take on one bicycle advocacy initiative
·         Go on a bike ride with a kid under 10 yrs old who is not a relative
·         Test ride some different bikes than what I normally ride
·         Ride a tandem
·         Do at least one charity ride
·         Do at least 2 group rides
·         Train to ride a trip of 40 miles
·         Ride 1,000 miles next year
·         Increase my riding average speed to 10 mph
·         Ride a real mountain bike trail


No comments:

Post a Comment