Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rain Outs And Redemption

The meet up ride for Saturday was rained out, we've had days on end of rain, there was a short window late on Saturday afternoon that opened up and I took advantage with a ride around my own neighboorhood which I have not done in a while.  Nice to just hop on and not transport the bike elsewhere.   Sunday afternoon was clear also and I was able to ride a nice dirt road ride right from home, clouds formed and threatened but held off until my return.  Sometimes mother nature smiles on us.  The weather has cleared and cooled and it's great for biking.  In three days I've already surpassed my last week's total mileage. 

Since I was rained out on Saturday I took my bike over to the LBS that is part of the group of three stores owned by the company where I bought my bike from.  The store in South Lyon was just great.  I explained what had happened at their other store and the gentleman working put my bike right on a repair stand and proceeded to fix the brakes, it was not brake pads that needed replacing, they needed proper adjustment was all.  I had fully expected to have to leave the bike there at least overnight but I was able to take it home with me in no time.  In mileage this store is not farther from home, just a different direction, I won't be back to the other store again, I feel like the shop in SL redeemed their reputation.  I'd been ready to chalk it up to experience but was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment