Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Friday, September 9, 2011

Week #23 Mileage


28.89 for the week.  This was with 4 days of riding and nothing in the double digits.  I've been ill since I've returned from vacation with indigestion and weakness, I am finally feeling a bit over the hump in the last two days but we have also had steady rain for several days now.  I expected to take a short jaunt tonight but by the time I was finished with a couple of after work errands my ride was cut short by a cloudburst.

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and I'm all set for a ride with my meet up group and we are doing the Border to Border trail from Gallup Park in Ann Arbor to Riverside Park in Ypsilanti.  Round trip is 20 miles, I'm feeling up to it and hoping by body cooperates.  It's a good thing our ride is early because tomorrow is the first U of M home game and it's their first night game ever. Town will be packed with fans!  I read someplace that scalpers are selling tickets for $3,500.  That's crazy for college football.  Actually that's crazy for any game.

Oh well - Go Blue!

1 comment: