Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tubbs Road

If you live in the vicinity of Washtenaw County and enjoy gravel roads, it's a must to travel Tubbs Road at least once in your life.  The scenery is almost surreal, it's dark and forebodding and has a Jurrasic Park or Star Wars feel to it.  The road itself is like a technical mountain bike trail with twists, turns, large chunky gravel and washboard effects.  I rode my brakes 90% of the time downhill.  I could not quite imagine climbing it's steep grade.  I did the following route clockwise starting at St. Pat's Church on Northfield Church and Whitmore Lake Road.  There is no escaping getting back up to grade however, the climb up Delhi Road is very steep.  Wish I had my camera because I rode along a short stretch of paved road on Huron River Drive, crossed over an iron work bridge and took a break overlooking the rapids and watched a fly fisherman downstream of the rapids working his line.  Very pretty.  This is going to be a great route during the color change, must take the camera next time.  If it was earlier in the day and I had the time I would have made this into a trip to the Dexter Cider Mill which was just a few more miles up Huron River Drive.  Next time!

My Route Today

No comments:

Post a Comment