Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dexter Apple Daze Part III

This tree was uncommonly bright lime in color, since I don't know my trees all that well I believe this one may be on it's way to yellow for it's autumn display.
An appropriate sign for an art store.  With full panniers it was time to head for home, the fair was closing and daylight would be fading soon.  I packed my bags with apple cider, maple syrup, honey, my regular repair gear, extra vest, camera, blackberry, and various other treasures that can only be found at art and craft fairs.  When I got home I weighed them and they came in at 15 pounds and really there was plenty of room for more!  I love those panniers, what a great thing to win!  I had a lot of people comment on them.  A very good day all around. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I'm glad you enjoyed reading about the Village of Dexter, it's a quaint and cool place.

    ReplyDelete