Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Saturday, October 8, 2011

One K

Woo Hoo, today I crossed over the 1,000 mile mark for the season.  Just a day over 27 weeks and I have 1004 miles logged from April to today.  By bicycling standards that's not a lot, but it is for me.  My week #26 ending last Friday had a measly 20.28 miles in it with 3 days of riding.  We had 12 days of rain.  This week I closed out #27 with 45.3 miles for the week.  It's off my pace and no where near the new bar I set but I've been still in a weakened state from being ill for almost three weeks.  In the last two days I finally feel like I am getting back my old stamina and strength.  Slowly but surely.

In the morning it's off to the TdL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment