Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day Zero


Haven't started swimming or spinning yet but I am prepared to take the plunge on Monday. Pun intended! Our high school offers adult lap swim on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's going to be an early morning for me on Monday.

Trip to Dick's sporting goods landed me a new swim cap and goggles, can't imagine I'll need anything else right off.
The begining goal is to get two swims in a week for 20 min each. Let's see how doable that is to start. I'll be checking into the spin class this week two and get the details. WoHoo!

I'm looking forward to getting back into some physical activity, I have already noticed that with two weeks of not biking that I am stiffining up somewhat. Not good. Gotta keep moving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debs! Great you're going to consider swimming - it's such a good activity for your arthritis. If you plan to do lap swimming, just build up laps each time you go. Also, if you find it a little boring after a while, don't forget you can try the other swimming strokes too...and devise yourself a varied routine each time you go. Well done Debs and may I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Rebecca. - oh and I've linked your site to mine at http://easycycling.com

    ReplyDelete