Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 104

November 7, 2010 Can't believe how nice it was again today, we are in an Indian Summer trend with tomorrow through Wednesday with mild temps in the 60's, no wind and loads of sunshine. Rode from behind the mall to Island Lake, I was on a bit of a timetable and got in just over 7 miles. Had a wreck and broke my rear brake lever, I was three miles out from my car but made it back just fine with front brakes. Ordered a new one from the bike shop so I'll be single break the rest of the week and I do plan on riding with this last gasp of autumn. I got off with a scraped elbow, not bad.

Yesterday I was really feeling it in my knee from so many days off of riding, today after yesterday's ride I was all limbered up again and really felt ready to roll. I was feeling in a real grove and climbed a few hills that I had previously had to walk up, my stamina has been much improved from the few days off also.

Truly beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment