Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, July 17, 2011

Huron River Day

July 17, 2011
Paddling along the Huron



My Godson and nephew Andrew spent the weekend with Aunt Deb and we had a great day on the Huron River.  Our morning started early before the extreme heat, we loaded up and headed to Gallup Park, got off an early bike ride followed with paddling lessons for kayak, canoe and paddle board.  I was up for two out of three but opted out of the paddle board as I don't do things on my knees since knee surgery and issues.   Canoeing was just fine as I've been a canoeist since my teen years.  The kayak on the other hand was incredibly wobbly for me.  Andrew took to all three like a pro and did very well like he was born on them.  We took another bike ride in a different part of the park after our paddle and when it heated up too much we stopped for a dip in the river to cool off.

Later in the day we went to his other aunt's house about 25 miles upstream on the Strawberry-Portage chain of lakes for tubing and swimming behind their ski boat.  It was a day of fun in the sun.  As hot as it was the only place to be outdoors was in and near the water to cool off the sizzle.

No camera with me today.  Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment