Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot and Hotter!

It's only Tuesday and it's been a really hot week starting with the weekend.  The middle section of the US is steaming.  Saturday and Sunday were a case of get up early and out the door or don't think about it.  I got out and got some miles under my belt before it steamed up.  The matching high humidity only made matters worse.  We hit 100 and with the heat index it was well over that.  Monday was another scorcher however we had a rain storm blow in and it cooled them temps off enough to sneak in a decent ride.  Today was another never mind day with the heat turned up on high. 

Tomorrow we are supposed to get relief.  I might just have to re-arrange my work day schedule and take advantage of the cooler temps and lower humidity on the forecast.  On tap for the morning is the low 60's.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment