Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 20, 21 and 22











August 12 , 2010

Back to back meetings all day and into the night, forced day of rest from riding. End of week 3 and I have 15 miles in for the week. Some weeks are going to be rough with so many pm meetings and long work days and of course weeks were I have physical set backs will factor in as well. Overally I am delighted with 15 miles in this week.


August 13, 2010

Alternative exercise from biking, 18 holes of golf with a good friend, the heat and humidity was extreme for that type of activity. We were bushed and I was far too spent for a bike ride. The amazing part was that three days before I would not have been able to participate in putt-putt with the flare up attacking my shoulder joints. I was certain that I was going to have to cancel my golf day, but a steroid injection is an amazing thing.


August 14, 2010

Filled my basket to the brim at the Farmer's Market. The cacti there from Richard Tuttle Farms were amazing and one of them just had to come home with me. They were so exotic and colorful. He has a wonderful collection of them and the prices are awesome! Actually I took two bike trips there because I forgot my camera for the first trip and then took a short spin up East Shore for a 3.5 mile ride. I stopped along the way for a photo of a hibiscus in full bloom. The blooms were bigger than my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment