Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Monday, January 21, 2013

Quick Video Update

I've been through the entire video and one of the sections a second time.  So far so good, I am looking forward to the one taken in Puerto Rico for some change up and considering that I do enjoy them so far I plan to order one or two more to mix it up.  I find I have been day dreaming of the one trip I took to California and the video makes me want to go back.  The Pacific is gorgeous.  I live in the Great Lakes State surrounded by mini fresh water oceans and the views are dynamic, beautiful and mesmerizing, however the call to the Pacific Coast is strong right now. Considering the light snowfall we had overnight and it's white covering, that call is sounding pretty nice right now.  

The trip I took was in the late 80's and I visited San Francisco, Napa Valley, Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur. The trip was part of the Monterey Wine Festival and was sponsored in part by the National Restaurant Association.  This was during my days of owning the restaurant and going on that trip was an incredible treat.  It was a memorable and one of a kind vacation.  While there I had a flight in a hot air balloon over Napa Valley.  That was AMAZING.  California is a great place to vacation, along with the usual tourist must see spots I also spent time exploring the coast and really enjoyed stopping on the roadside to explore tide pools and all the varied creatures found in them.  I'm going to see if I can dig up some photos of that balloon flight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment