Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nothing Says Summer Like...


Ongoing participation in the LGRAB Summer Games is a blast, I am trying new and different things and looking at my rides with "new" eyes.  I try to commute to work and did pretty good this spring and early summer but when the heat waves started coming one after another I drifted over to using my car.  The Summer Games has me motivated to use my bike for commuting again.  The collage from above was from yesterday's ride to and from work.  There is a photo of Whitmore Lake from dockside at Harbor Cove, the "School's Out" sign at WL Middle School and of course a still shot of the beloved ice cream man's truck. 

I love the ice cream truck and the music it plays in the video whisks me back in time to when I was a kid again.  Basically that is how I feel on my bike, like a kid.    Maybe that's why I ride grinning from ear to ear.

While I am on this path of new and different things I went out for an early morning ride today instead of my evening rides after work.  I like.  Lots!

2 comments:

  1. wow Debs, good to see you having fun with your bike. I saw a girl in a flippy skirt riding an English roadster up a hill in a rare moment of sunshine, and that is my summer moment. Of course I didn't have my camera, and it would have been rude without her permission, but bicycles do say "summer", that's for sure.
    I love the ice cream van too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MBG, I was lucky to find this along my ride to and from work, I pass right by the middle school and have been reading that sign since June, I waited for my ride home when there were more people out on the lake across the street for photos with boats in it and the ice cream truck was a huge bonus. I had worked late that day as the truck usually makes his rounds right after dinner time.

    ReplyDelete