Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Monday, August 29, 2011

Country Roads and Famlies

Back from a great vacation to visit family for a reunion!  Three sisters and a niece traveled out to the heartland in Kansas to visit a cousin who has a horse farm.  We spent 4 days on the go and relaxing too, sharing memories and family tales with bales of laughter and singing to my cousin Jim's guitar with cousins gathered all around.  Heavenly.

I came home hankering for bike riding and longing for being out in the country, tonight I headed to the south west quadrant of the township for a great bike ride on hard packed dirt roads with gentle rolling hills and acres of farmland.  Summer is waning and fall is in the air and the deer are on the move.  I spotted 29 tonight in various places along my route and far less cars, 5 in total.  There were times when all I heard was my own breathing, what a peaceful evening.

My total for last week #21 was 46.06 miles for only 3 days of riding with 5.23 hrs spent on the bike.  No bad for a short riding week.  I'm over 200 miles for the month of August and over 780 miles for this outdoor riding season.  I love stats!  I need to get busy and post some photos of my trip.

2 comments:

  1. What a great trip! Excellent riding figures too.

    I love the transition from summer to autumn, I definitely get more riding in the cooler weather when B is back in nursery. I hope you get a lovely long ride-able autumn too as I know that winter riding is difficult in your winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MGB! I love the time between summer and fall also. Last year we had one of the longest and best autumn's that I ever remember. I rode until November 13th. For me winter riding outdoors is out. I hope we see a long lingering fall season this year too, I am looking forward to the spectacular beauty of the fall season. Happy riding to you!

    ReplyDelete