Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 67











September 29, 2010 18 miles round trip throught the B2B Ann Arbor and Washtenaw County parks. Started at the foot of Whitmore Lake Rd. and Barton Drive, into Brandemere Park, Argo Dam, Race way trail, up to U of M, around the hospital through a another series of parks, past Gallup Park and the Dixboro Mile to St. Joseph's Hospital on the Ypsilanti side of town. Vigorus trail with extremely diversivied terrain, from very wild to urban and back to pastoral. Gorgeous scenery, points of interest, several canoe liveries, a dam, athletic fields for U of M. This is the Border to Border Washtenaw County trail system that roughly follows along side of the Huron River from the North part of Ann Arbor to Ypsilanti and Belleville. I probably made it 1/3 of the way through the trail system.

Spectacular ride, challenging, rolling hills, flats, significant climbs. On the way back I passed the Dirt Bike Jump Course and there were several kids using it, got some great air shots and shot some video. If I can figure out how to post the video I will.

Boy, I can't wait to see how I'll feel tomorrow. Oh, here I am again lifting my bike over another deadfall. 95% of the path is paved and this photo was of one of the densely wooded sections of it.








No comments:

Post a Comment