Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011

The commute continues, it was a bit chillier today and called for a jacket. It was supposed to have rained all day and luckily it was dry in the morning so I set out and got a dry ride home too, thank you very much! Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I'll shoot for it again and I aim to get in a proper ride after work.

I put a wireless bike computer on my new bike and I like it. Still need some fenders, a bell and a back rack but I should be good to go after that. I am wanting to get white fenders but they are proving hard to find. Today the manager of the LBS said he would consider painting a set for me, that was a great offer and I'm likely to take him up on it. The bike is white trimmed in brown accents on the handlebar grips, brake levers have brown inserts, the pedals have brown inserts and so is the saddle. The brown wicker basket fits in nicely. The bike has some dark charcoal lettering for the logo and model name. So far only black or chrome fenders are available and I am hesitant to introduce another color. White fenders with brown pinstriping would set it off nicely. The other option was to go with black fenders with brown and charcoal pinstriping. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment