Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yesterday's ride

On Friday I started off a new week of riding with 5.12 miles. In my previouse week I rode 7 days however 2 of them were only commutes and combined they only represent 4 miles. Still today called for a recovery ride with low intensity and a tour around a local subdivision fit the bill. It was beautiful, sunny and 70 degree day. Perfect spring weather and the dogwoods, magnolias, pear and cherry trees are blossoming out and things could not look better.

It's one of the most beautiful times of the year to be outdoors and soaking up the scenery.

Another spring ritual is clean up and clean out and I had my share of it Saturday morning. Our township sponsors a Spring Clean Up and people can bring their cast off and whatnot to a recycling and trash dump day. We bring in trash haulers to take appliances, scrap and whatever. Concurrently this morning our local Kiwanis club did their 2nd Annual Clean Up On Main St. About 25 volunteers showed up to walk the main streets of downtown and pick up trash. My lower back is still talking to me about the bending over I gave it yesterday. Current photos to follow. The one included here is from last year's effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment