Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Monday, May 16, 2011

Bike to Work Week



Today kicked off Bike to Work Week and Friday is Bike to Work Day, so I will commute as much as the weather permits this week. With gas prices the way they are I am committing to doing as

many errands by bike as possible and got a good start last week. It's just a matter of thinking bike first instead of car, plus it's a cool thing to do and it's less hassle than driving.

I started off the day with a meeting that I biked to, then my work commute. I took my bike up to the shop to get the cycle computer checked out and boy did I feel dumb. When I towled off my bike I must have moved the unit that sends the signal. Duh! How the heck did I miss that? I fiddled with the pickup, I just never looked at the sending unit up close. Darn fenders are not ready yet. I want to get some proper photos of my bike and I'm impatient.


After the bike shop I made a trip to Independance Lake and made two laps and mapped it on map my ride, when I got home I found a cool new feature on the site, you can do a "fly-over" of your route, so you get to relive the trip in a couple of minutes from the comfort of your desktop. Too funny.


All together it only amounted to 6.97 miles for the day. So far I aim to shoot for 35 miles per week. A little later in the season I'll probably up that.

No comments:

Post a Comment