Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 78
















October 10, 2010 Tour de Livingstons today! What a great day for a ride. I had been torn between the 10 mile recreational ride and the 28 mile Brighton Howell loop. I ended up with the 10 mile loop but did it multiple times for a total of 26 miles. The first pass I was caught up in the crowd and missed a turn off for my loop, arrived in downtown Brighton way too soon and said, hmmm. Completed the route from where I was and said I like this enough to do it again, this time the whole route! Still wanting to crank out the miles and the mindset had been to do 28 so I gave it another go but skipped a few turns, so that is how I eneded up with the 26. I was bent on riding 28 today so when I got home I rode to work at the Township offices (2 mile round trip) because the Police and Fire Department were having their open house. There, 28 for the day and I'm jello legged.

Don't be fooled by the title "family recreational loop" it was shorter but it was pretty hilly, the 1st subdivision we road through was called the Bluffs. Appropriately named. I conquered some hills and some conqured me but in the end I road and had a good time.

Even on a touring ride I can't help but stop and take photos, especially on such a gorgeous fall day. I heard that there were something like 600 riders in the event, the photos don't do that justice.

From the photos there are a lot of dedicated cyclists with road and touring bikes in attendance, my little city/pathway bike stood out but that's ok. I had fun and would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment