Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 92

October 26, 2010 High winds and storms all day 45 mile an hour + gusts, good day to take the bike to the shop. Editing this to add in the results of the trip to the shop, conclusion, no physical mishaps the chain is hopping off because of road conditions and driver error. Ok, I can live with that and try to stay in better tune with my bike and also know that these things just happen from time to time. Of course they couldn't get me out of the shop without a purchase, so I came home with a new saddle. Botranger, WSD (womean specific design) Suburbia model with a built in light that either blinks or can be set to be steady. So despite the weather I had to come home and try it out. I needed to burn off some work stress and a windy day was great for that. Love it so far, very comfortable 5.5 mile ride in this fierce wind, slowed me down a bit and Avg MPH was 7.8. Down considerable from yesterday's Avg MPH 9.2. Map of yesterday's route

No comments:

Post a Comment