Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 91

October 25, 2010 9.25 miles for the day at Lakelands Trail. The terrain is so flat in comparison to where I've been riding, that plus my increase in strength and stamina had me upping my miles per hour and my average for today's ride was a mile per hour faster than it's been. My speedo dosen't do cadance but I have to assume that is up as well. So, at least for the moment, everything is looking up. I continue to feel strong.

I had technical difficulties again at the beginning of my ride. There was a small incline and on the downside of it my chain hopped off again. After having watched the two guys who helped me out the last time I ended up fixing it myself this time. It was a struggle and I got very greasy but it was a proud feeling to fix it my self and pedal off again under my own power. Bikers need to be self-reliant and I need a small tool kit! Luckily Zukey Lake was just about a 1/2 mile down the path and I stopped by the waters edge and used the sand and grit and lake to wash my hands off, well somewhat anyway.

So two out of the last three rides have given me deraileur problems. Supposed to get strong storms and high winds tomorrow and the next day or so. Off to the bike shop and get this problem checked out since I won't be riding for a few days anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment