Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 70 and 71

October 2, Got bike back from bike shop, rain and a wedding reception to go to later in the evening made for another non riding day. Boo.

October 3, Chilly but only had time for a short late day ride, cold out but gloves, a turtleneck and my neoprene headband kept me warm as toast. 6 mile ride, easy breezy going but for the first two miles I felt the absence of riding for a few days and needed to get reacclimated to the bike it seemed and get a pace or groove going. I was getting winded easily and feeling slow and lethargic, then a power boost kicked in from out of the blue and I was sailing along. That happens sometimes with activities.

My new speedo quit working after the first mile so having the bike in the shop was a waste of time. More boo. Oh well, I am going to try to return it to it's place of purchase.

I haven't taken a Humira shot for my RA since June when I first had pneumonia this year and I think it's time to again, I've been having a fair amount of aches and pains in this last week and the exercise and the rest is not cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment