Welcome!

It's a new year and time once again to give a new look to this blog. New graphics and colors. Same bike writer!



This blog is created not only to track my own progress on my biking journey but it is intended to also assist others who have either osteo or rheumatoid arthritis or both like I do. I hope as you read about the progress I have made that it gives you inspiration and hope that you can overcome the dibilitating effects of these conditions.



If your doctor agrees that you should be capable of expanding your limits read on and don't be afraid, just listen to your body and give it challenges. Biking is a great non-impact form of exercise and greatly enhances flexibility and range of motion.



It's not a substitute for Doctor visits, taking your meds or otherwise getting off your health plan but it auguments what your Doctor does for you and can give you a better quality of life. Go for it!





Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 88
























October 22, 2010 Found a new way to get to Island Lake State Park, there is a new mall up the road a few miles and if you go all the way to the back of it the rail road runs behind it, it's a half mile of rugged trail with really big chunky rock and slag, once you get past that it enters the State Park, rode the length of it to Kensington Metro Park and a bit into Kensington. Round trip today was 17.56 miles. Great ride and nice weather.
Had a little equipment malfunction and my chain came off down a big hill, I struggled with it for about 10 minutes and a couple of very nice bikers came by and helped me out with it, I was pretty greasy but back on the road again, thanks to their help.

My knee was barking on the way back from the steep climbs and some of them I walked my bike up part way. I was happy to see the water tower at the mall and then a little further up I was so glad to see my car again. Great timing as it was just before dark.
I'm thinking more and more strongly about getting my other knee replaced and just have it over with. I've strenghtened myself up enough to have an easier recovery. It'll be off to the doc soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment